Re: [Xen-devel] Re: [Xen-changelog] Rewritten XendLogging to not be a singleton class, and not have methods used

EM> Sure, and that works now with my fix.

Great.  I was really just responding to the question about who might
run xm as non-root :)

EM> I would have applied your patch, but what you'd effectively done
EM> was moved the import of XendLogging so that it didn't occur when
EM> doing xm help.

There was mention a while back about not importing a whole pile of
things to simply run a help command or the like, unless it was
necessary.

I agree with Jeremy that logging inside xm seems a little strange,
especially to the same place as the daemon.  It makes more sense to me
to expect debug information from an interactive tool on the console,
and to see info from a daemon in a log file.  Maybe a command-line or
config-file switch to turn on debug output to stderr?

--
Dan Smith
IBM Linux Technology Center