Re: [Xen-devel] question on xenbus priv in dom0

NAHieu wrote:

Hi,

In domU, we can't use xenbus to access anything outside of the
domain's home. That means we are being restricted from reading/writing
to other domain's xenstore. That is perfectly fine, and nobody
complains here.

But in dom0, do we have the exception? Since dom0 is trusted, I think
we can be allowed to access to all other domU's xenstore.

Is that possible? If not, any good workaround solution?
It should be possible to read from anywhere in the store.

If you specify a path without a '/' in the beginning, it defaults to reading from the domain's home directory. However, if you use a fully qualified path, you should be able to read anywhere. If this doesn't work, it's a bug.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

Thank you.
Hieu