Re: [Xen-devel] Re: Status of "management port" in 3.0?

Jerry Gulla wrote:

Thanks. I had to add that line to my config and then it opened up
8000/8001.  I haven't been able to get gXenophilia to work with it,
though.   I was really wondering what the "right" answer is for trying
to talk to Xen remotely, however. I know that long term, there has
been talk of a true "web services" way to do things, and in 2.x we had
the http server ports open (and documented) by default, but it seems
that currently there is no good indication of what to do.
Just FYI, I'm pretty sure the HTTP transport is borked in 3.0 right now. I wrote a wrapper for it a few weeks ago and put a less stress on it and it crapped out very quickly. Since it's off by default, I haven't investigated it.

Any idea when there will be a solid direction on what do to for the 3.0 release?
A good approach for management applications is remote ssh. xm list --long is your friend and will give you all of the information you need. Plus, you get authentication/authorization for free. If you use the -S option of SSH, you can multiplex many commands over a single connection efficiently (and only have to prompt for password once). Just catch me in #xen if you want more info about this.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

Thanks,

Jerry