Re: ***SPAM*** Re: [Xen-devel] Custom Guest OS not booting

On Mon, Oct 03, 2005 at 01:13:26PM -0500, Scott Parish wrote:
> I didn't check which hcall you're making, but i'm betting its the one
> to do consoleio. By default, only dom0 is allowed to do such. You're
yup, it's console io.
> options are either to do the work to get domU io working (non-
> trivial), or hack xen to allow anybody to write to consoleio. Look in
> xen/drivers/char/console.c line 349:
I tried the hack to allow all to write, but that didn't seem to work. where
should the console io go to? the linux console? xm dmesg?
If I was to try and get domu io working where should i start? im guessing it's
a matter of writing a tty driver. does xen have a backend driver for this type
of thing?

Regards
Ivan