Re: [Xen-devel] xm list d flag?

On Sat, Oct 01, 2005 at 02:45:35PM -0500, Anthony Liguori wrote:
> One thing to consider is having the drivers destroy the backend devices
> on a @releaseDomain watch instead of on the front-end path disappearing.

Yes, I think this would make sense.  We still need to keep the current
behaviour as well, it is needed for hot-unplug of devices.

I'd like to see @releaseDomain also pass along the domain id, so
that we don't need to scan all domains in several places.  To do this,
we should switch the order of the arguments in the watch vectors,
allowing us then to pass an arbitrary number of arguments without
having to change the interface to support an arbitrary number of
arguments[1].  An additional use for this for regular watches could
be to pass all the elements of the path which triggered the watch to
fire as seperate arguments, reducing the amount of code in the drivers
which does string parsing.

    christian

[1] additional arguments are at vec[1] + strlen(vec[1]) + 1 and so on,
the callback will need to know how many arguments get passed.