Re: [Xen-devel] 32/64-bit hypercall interface

On 28 Sep 2005, at 22:36, Hollis Blanchard wrote:

I was looking at the definition of privcmd_hypercall:
typedef struct privcmd_hypercall
{
    unsigned long op;
    unsigned long arg[5];
} privcmd_hypercall_t;

For ppc64, we are using 32-bit management tools, so this is a problem: they
will create structs where long is 32 bits, and the (64-bit) kernel and
hypervisor will expect structs where long is 64 bits.

We want the args to be 'machine-register sized' which is why they are longs. Why use 32-bit tools on 64-bit hypervisor?

 -- Keir