Re: [Xen-devel] Status of "management port" in 3.0?

On Fri, Sep 23, 2005 at 01:43:07PM -0400, Jerry Gulla wrote:

> I (finally) got Apache->mod_python->xend working so I can use the
> (currently somewhat limited) web UI for Xen 3.0.  In Xen 2.0, there
> was a process listening on  port 8000 that allowed an application to
> query / change the configuration; I believe this is how gXenophilia
> worked.
>
> It seems as if in 3.0, however, nobody is listening on this port any
> more. I've modified /etc/xen/xend-config.sxp to specify a port (and
> open up more than 'localhost'), but this doesn't seem to have an
> effect.
>
> Is this going to be working some time in the near future for Xen 3.0,
> or am I missing something (again :-)?

You need to specify (xend-http-server true) in xend-config.sxp as well.  I
don't know whether this is new.  I also don't know how well supported this
interface is, and whether it will be in the future; looking at
http://mymachine:8000/xend I see things that look almost like useful
information, but that look a little bit broken too.

Ewan.