[Xen-devel] xenbus_mkdir("/tools", "name") fails

  • To: "xen-devel" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Anton Korenyushkin <tiger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 22:36:22 +0400
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 18:34:00 +0000

Hi,

I wrote subj in my module and i get instant reboot after calling this
function. It doesn't depend on were xenstored started or not.

Please, explain me this thing: can i write back/front end drivers in the next
manner: backend creates directory mydir in xenstore. Then frontends write
files mydir/file-<domid> by xenbus_printf where they put grant reference to
the shared frame and event chanel's port. Then backend reads this information
and communicate with frontends. If it is right way for what reason xenbus
drivers exist? And in what path in xenstore should i put mydir?

If it is not a right way, how to use xenbus drivers? I tryed to make simple
front/back end drivers. They register only probe function in xenbus_driver
struct and in this function do simple printk and return 0, but this function
is never called. Backend module registers its driver by
xenbus_register_backend, frontend by xenbus_register_device.

--
Best regards,
Anton Korenyushkin