RE: [Xen-devel] Re: Please pull xen-ia64-unstable

  • To: "Keir Fraser" <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Magenheimer, Dan (HP Labs Fort Collins)" <dan.magenheimer@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 12:46:51 -0700
  • Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 19:45:34 +0000

> > Well, I'm not sure about xen_init() myself. I don't see any
> > implementation of it for ia64 in your patches -- how does
> it actually
> > work?
>
> Okay, I guess it's just not included in your repo, and is
> instead part
> of your xenlinux repo. Fair enough. I don't mind taking this,
> at least
> for now.

Correct.  I'm phasing the -sparse checkin (domain0 with no
xen drivers in this phase), but simultaneously
trying to prepare common code for the next phase.

> > Also, what about your one-line patch to drivers/acpi/motherboard.c?
> > That shouldn't be necessary. I'd rather not add it to our
> sparse tree
> > if we can avoid it.
>
> Can I just commit a changeset to delete
> linux-2.6.-xen-sparse/drivers/acpi/motherboard.c? If so I'll
> pull your
> changes and do that.

OK.  FYI, the change in motherboard.c avoids a kernel crash
if the ACPI has a null FADT pointer.  This is technically an
illegal ACPI tree but Xen/ia64 currently creates such a tree.
The right answer is for Xen/ia64 to build a different
fake ACPI tree (with a better fake FADT) but I haven't
gotten around to that yet :-)

Anyway, go ahead and delete that change if you want and I
will handle the problem differently.

Thanks,
Dan