Re: [Xen-devel] Need help getting http interface with Xen 3 working

Hi there

Jerry Gulla wrote:
I'm trying to get the http interface working w/ Xen 3.0 and am running
into some problems. I know that in 3.0, twisted is no longer being
used for the http front end (using Apache w/ mod_python instead). I've read Tom Wilkie's post
(http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2005-09/msg00081.html)
on how he's modified things to work under Apache, and it's got me a
bit further, but now I'm stuck. Here's what I've done do far:

I've installed Fedora Core 4, and set up Xen according to the
FedoraXenQuickStart guide (which tracks xen-unstable) at
http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraXenQuickstart . My dom0 kernel
boots nicely, and I can issue commands with the "xm" command.

I have mod_python installed and working for Apache 2 (I've tested it
with a simple program).

I've symlinked /var/www/html to /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/xen/sv

I think I have to modify my Apache config to include the something
like the following:

<Directory /var/www/html>
        AddHandler mod_python .py
        PythonHandler ?????
        PythonDebug On
</Directory>

My (obvious) question is how to I properly wire up Apache/mod_python
to the correct file so I can query/change my Xen configuration via
http?

So the correct setup for me (on centos 4) is to edit the /etc/http/conf.d/python file and put the following lines in the top of the file:

AddHandler mod_python .psp
PythonHandler mod_python.psp
PythonDebug On

See the page:

http://www.modpython.org/live/current/doc-html/hand-psp.html#hand-psp

Then for me it just works. I haven't looked at SV for what must be a month now, some there is prolly some code rot in there. If I get a chance I'll give it a quick check. Also its not that functional atm ;-)

Cheers

Tom

Any help appreciated. Thanks!

Jerry