Re: [Xen-devel] vbd rate limiting?

On 20 Sep 2005, at 20:40, Christopher S. Aker wrote:

I've been able to successfully create domains on my PAE boxes -- thanks for the hard work.

Last time I looked at -unstable, I swear there was a vbd rate limiting feature but this time around it's not obvious to me where that's gone. Am I missing something or has this been removed? Any plans to re-implement this type of feature? For those of us in a Xen hosting environment this kind of thing is very useful for cranking down on disk thrashers.

Also, along the same lines -- is there a way to get vbd rate info out to xen0?

Maybe you're thinking of vif rate limiting (whcih does still exist)? We haven't ever had vbd rate limiting, but we have plans to hook into Linux's block-device scheduling (e.g., cbq scheduler).

 -- Keir