[Xen-devel] Re: timer interrupts, virqs, irq balance questions

On 20 Sep 2005, at 16:06, Ryan Harper wrote:

I've been looking into bug [1]#195 and I have a couple of questions on
how timer interrupts and virqs are handled.  Is it possible for dom0
linux to irq balance timer interrupts to different cpus?  That is, if
xen sends a VIRQ_TIMER to vcpu0, backed by cpu0, is it possible for that
interrupt to be handled by vcpu1, backed by cpu1 ?

No, event channels bound to VIRQs cannot have their cpu affinity changed. So vcpu0 VIRQ_TIMER will always call back to vcpu0, and so on.

 -- Keir