Re: [Xen-devel] Unab[l]e to create guest domain on PAE enabled SLES 9 SP2 box, 4GB RAM

On 19 Sep 2005, at 15:28, Keir Fraser wrote:

Looks like the domU is looping early during boot. It would be helpful to get a backtrace out, but currently our gdb server patches only work for 32-bit non-pae. I'll look at fixing this and then get back to you with instructions on how to harvest a useful backtrace from this domU.

Okay, you need to pull the latest tree then follow the instructions in tools/debugger/gdb/README to build yourself a gdb server and to get a backtrace out of the hung domU.

From within the gdb client session, run both 'bt' and 'disass' as recommended in the README file. Then cut & paste the result of the gdb client session into an email.

Keep the vmlinux-syms-2.6.12-xenU file hanging around. We may need that too, depending on what the backtrace tells us.

 -- Keir