Re: [Xen-devel] extremely long xend startup time causing /etc/init.d/xendomains not to run?

Sean Dague wrote:

I've started to notice the following issue, and would like to see if anyone
else has seen it before digging too deep.

When rebooting a xen system that has auto starting domains, they mostly
don't start.

On one system that tries to start 5 DomU instances, it appears only the last
one (alphabetically) ends up starting.  On the system with only 2 DomU
instances, nothing starts.  Neither of these are very speedy machines (700 &
800 Mhz respectively), so a timing problem with /etc/init.d/xend starting is
probably exacerbated in this environment.

Sanity confirmation on this would be really useful, so if anyone else has
seen this please also post back. :)
I see this a lot in QEMU.  xm is unresponsive for a bit after xend starts.

We really need to make sure that xend start does not return until xend is ready to receive connections.

We also have to look at making the xend startup time a bit faster.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

        -Sean