Re: [Xen-devel] some build configuration issues

On Sep 14, 2005, at 7:03 AM, Ian Pratt wrote:

In xen/drivers/Makefile and xen/Makefile, we need to avoid
building ACPI. More generally, I think it would be a good
thing to get away from the "ifeq ($(XEN_TARGET_ARCH),foo)"
hackery that can be found all over the Makefiles. Linux would

Post 3.0, a spring clean of all of the Makefiles would be a very good
thing. Right now isn't the time to do any major surgery. [Our record
with "minor" Makefile changes sucks - there have almost always been
unintended side effects with Makefile patches]

No argument here; I don't think anybody is intending for PowerPC code to go into 3.0 anyways. Since I need to work on this now though, I'd like to know that the solution is generally acceptable...

--
Hollis Blanchard
IBM Linux Technology Center