Re: [Xen-devel] VMware crashes with recent 3.0

Am Montag, den 12.09.2005, 09:37 -1000 schrieb Tim Newsham:
> > we do miscellaneous experiments with -unstable by booting a Linux-Dom0
> > inside a VMware-Workstation (5.0.0 build 13124).  Where -unstable until
> > September 1st worked quite well, VMware crashes with the default
> > dom0-build at least from last Friday on (September 9th, maybe earlier
> > but not before 1st).  The Xen/dom0 boot console now always predictably
> > stops at "Scrubbing Free RAM..."
>
> I've updated since september first and run in vmware 4.5.  I haven't seen
> any crashes when scrubbing ram.  I do see some bad performance issues but
> these haven't started recently.  I also see occasional crashes (of dom0
> linux) if I flood the serial debug output.  Other than that, it has been
> working fairly well for me and continues to.  The last time I updated is
> probably around sept 7th.

Short notice:  This has somehow, miracuously, been fixed.  I had the
problem as well with VMware's 5.5-beta, but today, with a fresh
Xen-unstable as of yesterday (September 13th), the system is booting
straight up again in VMware 5.0.0 and 5.5-beta.

Weird...

Anyway, thanks & Regards,
--
Birger Tödtmann                   email:btoedtmann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Technik der Rechnernetze, Institut für Experimentelle Mathematik