RE: [Xen-devel] reboot code (was: boot options for xen)

  • To: <kip.macy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 11:39:37 +1000
  • Cc: Xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 01:37:34 +0000

The problem I was having that xen appeared to have crashed and locked up the machine. What was actually happening was that xen was doing a reboot but caused a hang instead. By adding in noreboot, I could see that xen was just trying to reboot and not actually crashing.

So if I take noreboot out, the machine hangs when xen tries to reboot. Xen used to be able to do a reboot though, hence my question.

Sorry for the confusion.

James