[Xen-devel] Routing not working in testing

  • To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Patrick Scharrenberg <pittipatti@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2005 23:25:03 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 06 Sep 2005 21:22:37 +0000

Hi!

I'm using the following setup on my host:

The eth0 interface has a public ip and is not part of the xen-br0 which
has a private ip in the range that all domU's use and funktions as their
gateway.
I route between eth0 and xen-br0, use masquerading on eth0 so that the
domU's can connect to the internet and use prerouting to redirect ports
of the public ip to the domU's.

With xen-2.0.7 all works fine, with xen-testing the packets don't get
masqueraded when the leave eth0. They are reaching the domU's, which
reply, but then the packets are leaving eth0 (not masqueraded) with the
private address.
>From inside a domU I can ping/ssh other hosts on the internet, so then
masquerading works.

What can this be? Is this xen related or maybe (because of another
kernelversion (2.6.11.12 vs. 2.6.12)) kernel-related?

I tried the binary-version of both (2.0.7 and testing) and compiled
testing myself with the same configuration of the running 2.0.7. It does
not work.

Thanks

Patrick