Re: [Xen-devel] Web based front end

Tom Wilkie wrote:

David

On 4 Sep 2005, at 17:37, David Isaac Wolinsky wrote:

Thanks Tom for the info, I had remembered twisted being removed but hadn't realized that XenSV had been since updated. A couple questions though...

Why not decouple the interface from Apache (as to require only python be installed)? I am not sure of the performance advantage, but it should reduce the memory requirements for dom0, allow for a slightly smaller disk (negligible), and make installation easier.

Well, I didn't want to completely re-implement a HTTP server (although I suppose its not tough) so I looked at using another one. The bit that depends on apache/mod_python is minimal, about a 20 line adapter between mod_python and what twisted used to provide. So if you wrote your own http server it would be a reasonably straight forward task to do.

I think this is what you want:

http://docs.python.org/lib/module-CGIHTTPServer.html

At some point, I'd like to remove the HTTP server Xend is using and replace it with SimpleHTTPServer.

I might actually do this, the dependance on apache is a pain, and I think xend has its own http server in it atm.

   Similarly have you looked into writing XenSV in C?

The primary reason I choose python is because thats what we use in cambridge, and its what all the other tools and written in ;-) Also it lets me call straight into the XendClient.py stuff, which simplifies it greatly.

Yeah, until the store is more complete, tools pretty much have to be in python.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori