RE: [Xen-devel] SATA detect fails on ICH7 chipset / DellPoweredgeSC430

  • To: "Chris Bainbridge" <chris.bainbridge@xxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Ian Pratt" <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2005 16:43:53 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 05 Sep 2005 15:41:54 +0000

 > > There really is no good explanation for a) why the MMIO
> region is so
> > low on native, and b) why it is different under Xen. I
> suspect this is
> > a native bug that is being compounded by Xen.
>
> It appears to work under native though. I think I'll go and
> ask on the lkml.

It might be entertaining to stick another 1GB of RAM in the machine and
see what both native and Xen do.

Also, do you have Windows on the machine? It would be interesting to see
where it puts the MMIO space (it might tell us whether the BIOS is
putting it at 1GB, or whether Linux is re-mapping it).

Ian