Re: [Xen-devel] Re: Timeout connecting to device

On Fri, Aug 26, 2005 at 10:27:06AM +1000, Rusty Russell wrote:
> A slight variation on this would be to have the tools create the
> "setting-up" node, and the driver delete it when it's happy.
>
> I want to leave the error node on every error, so that way you can tell
> if it can't read the backend because of permission problem or something,
> even if during setup.

How do you tell if an error is final though?  Removing the setting-up
node sounds kind of misleading since the device is not done setting-up.
I think we need to indicate somehow whether an error is final or
transient, but I don't think we should require the format of the
error message to somehow indicate this.

    christian