Re: [Xen-devel] Re: Fine-grained proxy resource charging

> > Yes, I would join in asking the same question: how to get a working
> > configuration for multiple driver domains each hosting a single device
> > driver?
>
> You can only really have one domain running the actual driver.  The best
> strategy would therefore be to keep as much IO processing as possible in
> other domains (preferably in the guests themselves).
>
> With user-accessible hardware (e.g. Infiniband), unprivileged guests will be
> able to access their hardware directly using their own CPU time (and get
> better performance in the process).  Of course Infiniband is rather expensive
> so this won't be the most common way of doing stuff for some time (if at
> all).

Thank you, Mark.

May I rephrase the question? :
Let you have a few devices D1, D2, and D3.
Currently, in our testbed, they are all supported by Dom0 that hosts drivers
for D1, D2, and D3.
My question is how to get a working configuration with 3 IDDs:
IDD1 - for D1, IDD2 - for D2, IDD3 - for D3.
Any pointers are highly appreciated.

Thanks, Lucy