[Xen-devel] RE: xenoprof status?

Renato,

Thanks for your good work. We did some enhancement based on yours. Our purpose is to collect all data in dom0, so we care more about passive domains than active.

-- To port the patches to our latest internal tree, we changes exec_domains[] to vcpu[] in nmi_sanity_check, removed PACKED, removed logical_proc_id[] judgment (there may be problems), and fixed a xen/arch/x86/Makefile bug.

-- To enable domU/VMX as passive domain, we modified p4_init() model check (our CPU model is 4), unfiltered the domains switch escape samples in log_sample().

-- To map passive domain IP to its kernel symbol, we defined an extra option --passive-images=file[,files] and passed it to oprofile daemon. We defined a kernel_image list for the images, modified opd_put_sample(), find_kernel_image().

-- To split Xen samples for each passive domain, so we can see how many percents of xen works for which domain.

Ill send you the patches after I finish some cleanups. Now we only get passive domain samples with ht disable. And I did see therere more works to enable SMP. Hope to hear your good news.

Thanks,

Xiaowei

Santos, Jose Renato G <mailto:joserenato.santos@xxxxxx> scribbled on 2005818 8:39: