Re: [Xen-devel] RE: new /etc/xen/network script

Ian Pratt wrote:

I thought it might be an old address from when it was eth0 getting
resurected, hence the line I added. I wander if 'ifconfig ${netdev}
0.0.0.0 down' would work better?

One of the advantages to using the ifup/ifdown distro interface
manipulation scripts is to also have them take care of the other
things (radvd restart, ipv6, ipsec issues, ifup/down*local* scripts
which might be doing other things when interfaces go up and down).
We aren't taking care of a lot of the other subsystems here, and
I see the advantage in using the system configuration scripts
as far as possible. The ifconfig line above would work in most
cases, though, works for me ;).

thanks,
Nivedita