[Xen-devel] Xorg & xen problems

  • To: xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Jerone Young <jyoung5@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 17:29:53 -0500
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 22:30:22 +0000

Hi all,
        While looking into bugzilla #76. The first thing you notice (if you are
using an IBM thinkpad (w/ati radeon video)) is that when Xstarts it
never fully comes up. I checked the xorg log and while it can see the
video card it just stops!?  Now on my Thinkcenter desktop with i810
integrated graphics it will start X. But when you kill X you just end up
with a blank screen. The machine is not crashed .. but no way to use the
console anymore.

        Rolling back to a changeset from June 9th using 2.6.11.11 kernel I have
no problem getting Xorg up and going on my Thinkpad. I think something
has gone wrong when switching to 2.6.12 or some Xen change between
June9th & July 12th is causing this. Any ideas?

--
Jerone Young
IBM Linux Technology Center