RE: [Xen-devel] Weekly scorecard

  • To: "Nakajima, Jun" <jun.nakajima@xxxxxxxxx>, "List: Xen Developers" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Ian Pratt" <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 08:07:24 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 07:05:36 +0000

> > 3 save/restore for 4-level
>
> Do we have a proper test harness to validate save/restore?

Doing 'xm migrate -l localhost' tests over 90% of the code using a
single machine (though you've got to have enough memory for two copies
of the domain).

The intention is for our nightly regression test harness to generate a
heavy workload in the domU (lots of forking plus network IO plus block
IO), and then do a few tens of migrates to localhost. Right now the test
is disabled because it doesn't work at all : save/restore support needs
to catch up with network grant tables, and the tools have rotted
slightly. The plan is to have save/restore working again for 2-level
PTEs by the end of the week, and then add it to the nightly tests and
crucify anyone that breaks it :-)

In addition, we'll actually have to get two or more machines and bounce
domains between them. The new test infrastructure makes it relatively
easy to set this up. Before the new test stuff I used to just use a
shell script running on a couple of hosts, which wasn't too bad.

Ian