[Xen-devel] Weekly scorecard

  • To: "List: Xen Developers" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Ian Pratt" <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 14:42:55 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 13:41:07 +0000

Folks,

Here's how I see the priorities for this week. Let's hope we continue to
make the great progress we made last week.

Ian

General
-------

1 Go-live with web-based regression test matrix reports
1 Make source for all tests and harness available for download (except
proprietory tests like SPECjbb etc)

2 Release 3.0-testing-r1 test CD, designed for testing on a wide variety
of platforms without needing to install anything on the hard disk. Web
form for uploading result data.

x86_32 / common
---------------

known issues:

1 time fast bug / ntpdate (fixed? - please check)
1 shared irq's fail under high load                             IBM
1 save/restore fails (tools issue, under investigation) Christian
1 save/restore SMP missing (simple fix)                         Steven
Smith
1 save/restore fix for net grant tables                 Steven Hand

2 highmem (>900MB) optimizations (believed complete)
2 SMP and fork-exec optimizations required since 2.6.12 Keir/Ian

x86_32pae
---------

1 Boot still fails on machines with >4GB - probably Linux-side bug
1 Problems booting SMP dom0 and domU (still? - please test)

3 guest ref count shadow mode for 3-level PTs
3 save/restore support for 3-level PTs

x86_64
------

1 SMP support checked in  - needs testing
2 Xserver fails to start (no access to bottom 1MB) fixed?
2 s/w iommu support (patch from Intel being integrated)
3 save/restore for 4-level

Tools
-----

general xm/xend

2 use SSL certs to protect https i/f    Mike M ?
2 plan for authenticating reloaction    Sean/Anthony

xenbus/xenstore

1 checkin block switch over to XB       Christian
1 switch net over to XB                 Rusty ?
1 switch console over XB                Robert / Anthony
2 delete xcs                            ?

2 XB console save/restore support
2 switch USB to XB, add save/restore

Other
-----

3 Vanilla 2.4 broken, needs maintainer. NB only domU support, forget
dom0