Re: [Xen-devel] Unknown interrupt on x86_64 Xen on ES7000 x86_64

On 8 Aug 2005, at 23:54, Puthiyaparambil, Aravindh wrote:

I put a few printks in paging_init and friends. This is the call tree
that I mapped out.

paging_init()->alloc_domheap_pages()->alloc_heap_pages()-> map_alloc()

It looks like the page fault/interrupt is happening in map_alloc(). I
see that alloc_heap_pages() and map_alloc() are called before without
any issues. Not sure why it is tripping up now. Any ideas?

Not really. Perhaps some part of the bitmap is not properly mapped? I think you'll have to add a bunch more tracing -- find out what address is actually faulting and work backwards to see why it's not mapped. If it looks like it should be valid then maybe look at the code that is intended to 1:1 map all RAM, in arch/x86/setup.c:__start_xen() (the code is wrapped in CONFIG_x86_64).

I tried that patch. The serial output now shows "Platform timer is
1.193MHz PIT" but that does not fix the problem. I am still getting
those fatal errors.

Enable the #if 0'ed code in arch/x86/time.c:local_time_calibration(). That should get us more diagnostics out.

 -- Keir