Re: [Xen-devel] exception looking up device number for hda

> > Hope about an optional: vbd:/emu: prefix (or similar) on the second part
> > of the triplet for a disk?  The default (for non VMX domains) could be
> > "vbd" so existing behaviour would remain the same.
>
> Sounds good to me. How about:
>
> hda           = VBD hda
> vbd://hda     = VBD hda
> ioemu://hda   = IDE hda

Sounds fine but I think I'd actually ditch the // to fit in with the phy: and
file: syntax we already have. (and as David said in another post, to avoid
looking like a URL).

> The VBD patches are not ready yet - so I'd like to propose that we do:
>
> -            self.create_configured_devices()
> +           if self.image.ostype != 'vmx':
> +                self.create_configured_devices()
>
> and
>
> -        self.create_blkif()
> +       if self.image.ostype != 'vmx':
> +            self.create_blkif()
>
> When our VBD patches are ready, we'll revert this.

Is there still a need for these changes if the ioemu: prefix is implemented?

Cheers,
Mark