RE: [Xen-devel] Testsuites

> I've glad to see that there are several tests starting to
> show up in the Xen tree, first for xenstore, now for
> consoled.  I'll try to resubmit the balloon tests I sent a
> while back today.
>
> I'm curious why the /tools/tests directory isn't getting used
> for these?
> It would be really convenient if all of these things were
> organized under that directory, making them easier to find,
> and easier to run as an overall testsuite.
>
> Any objections to this?

I guess it depends. Some of these tests are simple unit tests that
enable subsystems to be tested in isolation (e.g. xenstored tests). It
might make sense for these to be grouped with the actual code their
testing.

Most other kinds of test (e.g. the console tests) actually require
booting a machine and running stuff, often in a co-ordinated fashion.
These should probably live under tools/tests.

Ian