Re: [Xen-devel] question on balloon driver

On 4 Aug 2005, at 23:03, Josh Triplett wrote:

At least on my machine, with current unstable, I cannot create more than
140 *completely empty* domains (just created, no resources assigned);
attempting to create more at that point gives an out-of-memory error
(which I believe is referring to the Xen hypervisor kernel memory).
Perhaps there is some switch I haven't seen which allows increasing the
amount of memory allocated to the Xen kernel?  It would also be nice if
domains had far less overhead until resources were allocated to them.

You run out of Xen heap. We won;t be able to make any more available on x86_32, but there is a boot parameter to x86/64 Xen to set the amount of Xen heap, in megabytes.

 -- Keir