Re: [Xen-devel] help with bugs

Ian Pratt wrote:

I'd like to appeal for some help tracking down a couple of bugs that we're struggling to reproduce:

BUG62  eth0 -> veth0 in network script can loose network

I've been able to reproduce this problem frequently on SLES 9 SP2 based platforms, x86 and x86_64. It seems that when I first reported the problem it happened very infrequently, and I could not reliably reproduce it. Now, I seems to be happening all the time on my SLES 9 boxes; curiously, it does not seem to happen on my FC/RH boxes.

Is there anything unusal about the SLES9 setup, e.g. multiple phsical
interfaces, alias addresses on interfaces etc?
No, nothing unusual. In fact, in one case, I have a machine that has both SLES 9 and FC3. When I build Xen on SLES 9 and boot Dom0, I can recreate the problem. On the same machine, when I build Xen on FC3 and boot Dom0, the problem does not occur. I built Xen the same way in both instances; the setups are the same with regards to Xen, the only variable (and a big one) is the distro.

Have you tried my suggestion of adding 'promisc' to the ifconfig up
lines in the script?
Yes, and the problem still occurred.

Thanks,
Ian