Re: [Xen-devel] execve() in reboot.c ?

<snip signalling to init>
> I kind of like this approach, but it does mean that we can't distinguish
> between a poweroff and a reboot. Do we care?

The tools could perhaps distinguish: they just have to remember if you asked
for a reboot or a halt, then do the right thing.  It seems unlikely you'd
want to ask for "reboot" on the command line but really have the domain halt.

> As I recall, the current approach was copied from one of the other Linux
> architectures.

Personally I'd vote for signalling userspace rather than shelling a command
but I'll leave it up to whoever wants to write the code ;-)

Cheers,
Mark