Re: [Xen-devel] execve() in reboot.c ?

> > Can't we just fire off a kernel thread to call sys_reboot and friends
> > directly?  It seems unfortunate to have to rely on userspace
> > applications, having gone to the trouble of handling the cmsg in the
> > kernel.
>
> That doesn't do a graceful shutdown of running processes, does it?

Hmmmm, I suppose not.  Ah well, I think I'll withdraw my previous statement as
I can't think of another way to do this right now :-)

It'd be nice if Linux had a generic way of communicating a reboot request to
userspace.  It ought to be useful on other VMMs - maybe this is something for
Rik's common infrastructure wishlist?

Cheers,
Mark