RE: [Xen-devel] xen 2.0.6 debs

On Tue, 19 Jul 2005, James Harper wrote:

> Do you have any plans to put together some some 2.0-testing, or 3.0
> debs?
>
> I think last time I looked your 2.0.5 patch applied almost cleanly to
> 2.0-testing.

Some, yes.  Was also thinking of redoing the kernel patch stuff.

Instead of a package build producing a kernel-patch(thereby requiring
kernel-source to exist in debian), I'd produce a kernel-patch builder.
Basically, it'd package up the sparse tree, then ship that, along with
whatever scripts are nescessary to produce a patch(or subsequently modify a
pristine kernel tree).

This way, when xen upstream ports to a new kernel version, I don't have to
wait for the version to appear in debian.