[Xen-devel] 1850/2850 hangs under I/O load

Looking back over the emails on this topic, someone pointed out a
patch for Linux 2.6.10 that disabled software IRQ affinity for
1850/2850 systems.

You can try a similar fix on Xen (either 2.0.x or unstable) by editing
arch/x86/irq.c:pirq_guest_bind(), and remove the following lines:

    if ( desc->handler->set_affinity != NULL )
        desc->handler->set_affinity(<blah>);

If this fixes the I/O hangs for you, it is a nicer fix than
ignorebiostables. I can add a boot parameter to have the same effect,
and also probably have the fix applied automatically for 1850/2850
systems in the unstable tree (just like Linux).

Let me know how it works out.

 -- Keir