Re: [Xen-devel] Re: [Xen-changelog] This adds a patch for the vanilla kernel, to be pushed upstream some

On 12 Jul 2005, at 16:47, Rik van Riel wrote:

I don't understand how the code inside this if condition
ever gets to run.  Surely the previous test should catch
the non-PAE case already ?

Or is this code a preparation for non-3:1 splits ?

That code path would get executed by native pae builds (ie. non-xen pae builds).

It's a dead path on xen/i386 but we keep it around to keep the diff vs i386 small.

 -- Keir