Re: [Xen-devel] Re: IDLE domain is scheduled more than dom0

Hi Kevin,
  that's good news!
> Hi, Stephan,
>  I finally track down the problem to be caused by some bug in XEN/IA64
> itself. Due to some code not suitable running with IDLE domain, sometimes
> the delta for next timer tick was changed to a very large value when
> current context is IDLE. Then IDLE ran a relative long period without timer
> interrupt happening. Finally evaluated cpu_time for IDLE became large due
> to above bug, though only be scheduled several times. Similar bugs were
> hidden previously on bvt scheduler, due to IDLE never be scheduled after
> DomN was up.
>
>  With a simple workaround, now IDLE only occupied about 1% time, with Dom0
> to grasp 99%. Then I'll push out a patch to fix that issue soon.
> Sorry for  blaming your scheduler and it actually looks very nice based on
> data collected by you. ;-)

Don't worry, similar things happened to me... With boot-times up to 10
minutes, because I didn't realize that time-outs were relative, not absolute.
Resulted in an nice exponential curve :-)

Thanks for your testing!

Stephan