Re: [Xen-devel] beginnings of allowing more than the basic 80x25 VGAscreen resolution

On 5 Jul 2005, at 14:22, Jan Beulich wrote:

GRUB has code for switching back into real mode to do bios calls. We
could take that, plus video.S, and put them in Xen. Then add an info
structure for passing video info up to domain0. It's pretty ugly, but
think there is no nice solution here. Would we also need vesa/vga
driver code from Linux for setting up font data in some graphics
modes?

Yes that would clearly be necessary, but perhaps a much more
streamlined mechanism would do for XEN.

If that's the case, I'm sure Gerd can point out the 'moving parts' that we actually need to get basic text output working. I was hoping video.S alone would be sufficient... :-)

 -- Keir