[Xen-devel] RE: Recurring OOPS in latest -unstable kernel

This sounds rather like the bug that's being seen with the ported SuSE
kernel. Appended is a summary of the info we have on it.

Ian

The problem really looks obscure to me, a requests seems to be routed to
the wrong netback(vifX.0) device, the refcount drops to 0 and then we
OOps. (The normal oops path is the BUG() in line
101 of netback/interface.c, I patched the kernel to get a backtrace at
the place where we schedule the work.)

The same code (in netback) works in 2.6.9rc2/2.6.11.x, so something
screws up the ringbuffers -- should we start reviewing the path down
from hypervisor_callback?

Something strange seems to happen there with ringbuffer assignment to
interfaces and I guess we need to review the upcall path.
Somewhere, we may clobber an argument, possibly involving CONFIG_REGPARM
I don't know the code well enough see it without adding a lot of
instrumentation to the code.