Re: [Xen-devel] Graphical control interface support.

  • To: Javier Godinez <godinezj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Christian Hergert <christian.hergert@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 22:52:03 -0700
  • Cc: Xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 01 Jul 2005 05:50:56 +0000

Javier,

What is there is mostly just a prototype to show my employer that the
project is worth while. While being one of the mono developers, I am
partial, but you will find that mono can keep up with python just fine
and even outperform it in many places. My reason for wanting to switch
to a strongly typed language is two fold. The main reason is that i
want a rich plugin interface, and for me, python would be very tough
as I am new to python. Secondly, since the only reason i wanted to use
python was to interact with the xend python bindings natively, I am no
longer held to that with how much they are changing and may someday
not even become the profered method of communication.

I hope to do some work on this tomorrow and let you know how
development goes. I would love to have some help.

Cheers