Re: [Xen-devel] Crossover crashes Xen 2.0.6

> I've been playing around with running my desktop KDE on Xen via NX.
> One of the applications that I use is based on IE and runs on
> crossover pro.
>
> I haven't been able to get an old install of the application to run.
> Yesterday I confirmed while reinstalling (user) IE6 that IE6 and
> crossover (pro 4.2) was causing the Xen instance to crash.

<snip>

> I'm not sure exactly why this is occuring, and what exactly is causing
> it, but its a hard crash.  The XenU instance simply disappears.

My suspicion is that it's some sort of bug in handling segments, which may be
being tickled by crossover.

If you could get a Xen repository and make a verbose debug build of Xen itself
(cd xen; make clean; make debug=y verbose=y) then reproduce this failure, it
might provide some clues in the xm dmesg output.

> I'm wondering if there is futher debuging information I can provide.
> Also if anyone has managed to get this going.

I vaguely remember there being problems with Wine before - don't know if they
were resolved.  It should be able to work AFAIK.

Cheers,
Mark