Re: [Xen-devel] debugging libxc / builders

>    - When I run 'xm create', what process calls down to the
>      xc_builder stuff?  Can I attach to it with gdb?

It gets called from Xend (from a thread in Xend, if you're using unstable).

You might be able to attach using gdb...  Not sure how easy it would be to do
something useful.

>    - Is there any way to spit out debug output (printf?)?  Where
>      would it go?

I fprintf to stderr, with the output appearing magically
in /var/log/xend-debug.log

>    - If I make changes and do a make install in tools, what do
>      I have to restart to put the new code into use?  xend restart?

Restarting Xend should be OK.

HTH,
Mark