Re: [Xen-devel] Is there an equivalent to logical_proc_id[] ?

* Santos, Jose Renato G <joserenato.santos@xxxxxx> [2005-06-20 14:10]:

>   Hi,
>
>   I am trying to port xenoprof to the latest version of xen-unstable
>   and noticed the variable "logical_proc_id[]" that used to be defined
>   in setup.c is gone. I spent sometime trying to find an equivalent
>   variable/function without success.
>
>   Does anyone know a simple way of determining the logical CPU id in
>   a given physical CPU (i.e an id in the range [0,smp_num_siblings-1])?
>
>   Thanks in advance for any help
>
>   Renato

I used the cpuid_apic id which I found in arch/i386/kernel/cpu/common.c
in the detech_ht() routine.

   unsigned int logical_proc_id;
   u32   eax, ebx, ecx, edx;

   cpuid(1, &eax, &ebx, &ecx, &edx);
   logical_proc_id = (ebx >> 24 & 0xff) & 1;

That worked for me when I was trying to get xenoprof to build/work
against unstable tree.

--
Ryan Harper
IBM Corp., Austin, Tx