Re: [Xen-devel] ia64 event channels

On Tue, Jun 14, 2005 at 03:17:48PM -0700, Arun Sharma wrote:

> Not all event channel events get injected into the guest. For eg, on
> VT-x and VT-i, we use event channels to communicate events from the
> device models to the hypervisor on handling memory mapped and accesses
> to I/O ports.
>
> Have you already looked at this patch:
>
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.emulators.xen.devel/10852
>
> vmx_check_guest_event() does something very similar.

Ah, I hadn't seen that patch.  In that case, it is indeed better
to abstract what I added to evtchn.h behind a hook function like
check_guest_event().

I think this hook should be relevant for x86 VMX as well?  i.e.  if
we arrange it so that vmx_check_guest_event is called from
evtchn_set_pending, then you don't have to call it on every exit to
user?

> Also, it might be good to unify the names (callback_irq vs evtchn_vector
> -- I like evtchn_vector better).

Sure.  Also, I put it in the shared_info; I'm happy to move it to the
VCPU structure though, that may be more appropriate.

Matt