[Xen-devel] How to debug/pdb xen?

After grepping and googling for several days, I find lots of tutorials
and messages about how to setup and debug xen, I've read
/xeno-unstable.bk/docs/misc/XenDebugger-HOWTO
http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2004-07/msg00335.html
and lots of related email, but I still cannot "Interrupt Xen by pressing
'D' at the console " (from XenDebugger-HOWTO),

I think XenDebugger-HOWTO is too tricky and too old compare to
xen-unstable,

Why
http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2004-08/msg00017.html
and
http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2005-05/msg00240.html

says in xen dir make debugger=y, should work I tried and failed.

Should someone answer my questions or write a more detailed
XenDebugger-HOWTO and commit to xen/docs please.
I think this can help lots more.
Thanks  :)
Should it be Mr. Alex Ho.