RE: [Xen-devel] Hopefully not too annoying: SMP guests question

  • To: "Paul Dorman" <pauld@xxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Ian Pratt" <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 11:54:46 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 10:53:52 +0000

> could someone please give me a quick update on the status of
> SMP guests?
> I'd like to know whether we are likely to get an SMP Dom0
> machine working stably. What are the risks with going with
> SMP guests at the moment? What branch should I download if I go ahead?

SMP guests are available in the unstable tree, and seem to work well.
We're about to enable CONFIG_SMP in our nightly builds.

You might want to wait until 3.0-testing gets forked, which is pretty
close. The number of missing features/bugs on the wiki is going down
nicely.

Ian