RE: [Xen-devel] simultaneous domains on startup

  • To: "Deepak Manohar" <mjdeepak@xxxxxxxxx>, <Xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Tian, Kevin" <kevin.tian@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2005 13:41:22 +0800
  • Delivery-date: Sat, 11 Jun 2005 05:40:37 +0000

You can, but not sure the necessity. :) The steps to construct domain 0
and other domains are completely different. Domain 0 is privileged one
with knowledge about physical resources, which has to be constructed by
XEN. However all resources of other domains are virtualized, including
memory size, address hierarchy, devices, etc. The policy of how other
domains are constructed is left for system administrator in Domain 0 to
decide and configure. Current control panel is such perfect example.
We'd better not introduce that complexity into xen.

Simply saying the possibility in code level. Yes, someone already made
that experiment. Dan used to clone many copies of domain 0 in XEN to
test robust of domain switch on XEN/IA64. But, that's just for test
purpose. :)

Thanks,
Kevin