[Xen-devel] Re: HW Virtualization Abstraction Layer Work Underway

Wahlig, Elsie wrote:
Tom Woller and I from AMD have been working with Ian, Keir and IBM on
scoping out a plan that will provide a common interface to the user for
both the Intel VT/VMX and the AMD Pacifica/SVM platforms.

Nice to see some coordination underway here.. thanks for the initiative.

>..will be limited to the x86 tree..

Why not have the POWER5 and BPA (nee STI-Cell) folks review it too.
I know the desire is to get something out ASAP for x86, but it would
be nice if Xen HVAL could be easily extended to new platforms.

Thanks,
Eric