RE: [Xen-devel] comment request: dom0 dma on large memory systems

> Yes, something like this is obviously required, and
> introducing a concept of zones seems a sensible way to go. I
> haven't looked at your patch in great detail but it looks
> along the right lines. :-)

While working up the patch it's worth bearing in mind the closely
related NUMA issue: We'll want a separate heap for each node's memory,
and a way of requesting a prefered node in the alloc function, falling
back to a 'close' node if req'd.

It might even be worth adding in a zone for ISA DMA memory, so we could
get some old PCMCIA cards working, though probably not worth it.

Ian